background

Monday, March 14, 2011

Lining la busta

I just ran across this cute idea- I love the idea of using photos for an envelope liner! It’s a nice little touch. Maybe not for formal wedding invitations, but save the dates (using engagement photos) and wedding thank you cards (photos from the wedding) would be super cute. Even birthday party invitations using a photo(s) of the guest of honor. You could simply take the photo, or create a collage of photos, to a copy center (like Kinko’s) and print off several 8x10’s to cut and use for the envelope liner. I’ve only done DIY envelope liners once, for my sister’s high school graduation, and it got a little tedious, but they looked really good and they were really pretty when you opened them! It’s an extra step, but sometimes those details are so worth it. Just a fun touch if you have the time : )

{via Martha; click photo for instructions}

Wondering what the heck "Busta" is all about? That is how you say "invitation" in Italian! I'm trying to learn Italian and like to look up random words. When I saw "busta", I had to use it ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment