background

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Personal & Practical Baby Gift

Not long ago I was trying to come up with a good idea for a personal and practical baby gift. I wanted to make sure it was something that no one else would get my sweet niece but also something that I knew she could use(since let's face it - when it comes to baby girls all us women want to buy them are the way cute clothes!). I had already started collecting books and so I knew that would be a part of the gift, so I just added more, and more, and more :) That's what aunts are for!

Here is what I came up with:

- I started with my favorite target brand of the summer - Liberty London. LOVE this print(I even snagged one for myself to use in our guest room)! Ellie Grace's room has lots of polka dots in brown,green, yellow, & pink so the floral will be a different addition. The great thing is, when can you NOT use a basket? You can use it for the books, for her lotions and creams on the changing table - whatever you need.

- Books, books, and more books. I shopped Hastings clearance section, TJMaxx, Marshall's, Ross, etc. for some good finds - even the husband had fun helping me! We have a book for bedtime, a book for play time, & a classic book that every child needs "Love You Forever". My favorite is a book that I found at - of all places- Office Max(while the husband was shopping for pens) in a clearance bin whose main character is a pink elephant named Ellie(too, too perfect since her nursery has lots of elephants & her name is Ellie Grace!), a ballerina book for our future little dancer that has swan lake music in the background, & a book about a bunny tea party(well, because I love bunnies). In each we wrote a personal note for Ellie Grace to remind her of her Aunt & Uncle's love for her. Now let's just pray she grows up loving to read as much as we do :)

- My husband's favorite - a little Juicy Couture romper we found that we just couldn't resist. I can't WAIT to see her in that sweet little outfit and{of course} the bow to go with it ;)

- Since most babies live in onesies and knit pants the first year I figured we may as well make them cute, so we did! We gave one short sleeved & one long sleeved onesie with her monogram on one & her name on the other(thanks Beverly!). And of course, a bow for her to wear in her strawberry blonde hair with each and precious knit pants to match - one pair of pink & the other pair with pink & purple stripes.

- We also gave 2 picture frames and a fun little pair of purple mary janes for her little newborn feet.

- We also gave diapers and wipes - you can never go wrong with those!

{I typically don't spend as much on gifts as this one - but since it was family, well - we made some exceptions! Plus, this is about 3 shower gifts in one since we didn't have that many showers}

*Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment