background

Monday, July 12, 2010

Wedding Dresses: The short story.

Reception/send off dresses seem to be really popular these days. I've seen everything from fancy, short white dresses to cute, colorful spring dresses. I definitely don't see them as a necessity, but defintiely a fun option if you can fit it into your budget. I personally chose to have one to get me out of my long wedding gown, and give me more freedom while dancing! :) I stumbled upon these two dresses this morning. They are meant to be actual wedding gowns- cocktail length wedding gowns also seem to be a growing trend and a great idea for a summertime outdoor wedding!- but would also be super fun party dresses! Reception dresses are also perfect for the bride who has a small ceremony or destination wedding, and throws a big reception later.




{dresses by Pronovias, photos courtesy of Paperblog.fr}

I on the other hand went for this style. Not so much appropriate for a wedding dress, but party dress? Sure! They are also a great way to really show your style and personality. Therefore, I wanted something super fun and girly! Fluffy tulle, check. Rhinestones, check. :)

{dress by Sherri Hill}

Here are some other great party/send off dresses!

{lillypulitzer.com}

{BCBG dress at Nordstrom.com}

{jcrew.com}

Depending on your style and your vision, these dresses can be found almost anywhere! Don't forget to check out the prom section of stores, they often have great cocktail length dresses that come in a variety of colors (including white!).

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    Homecoming Dresses

    ReplyDelete