background

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sweet Child O'Mine

Oh. My. Goodness.
One more reason to love facebook – I now get to see all of the beautiful baby nurseries that my friends have put together. And let me tell ya – I have some creative friends! I am loving all of the dressers turned into changing tables, the gorgeous armoires, the beautiful color combos and how fabulously personal each one looks. I also love the photogs who do the "home" session so you can see sweet pics of the nurseries. There is one that I know Stephanie and I both can't stop talking about. The muted ruffles against a jewel tone wall for a little girl - ahhh! soo cute!!
While perusing the web I found the amazing website http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/home-tours. This site covers many topics but just so happended to feature one of my favorite things - baby nurseries. I found some fun, personal, and beautiful baby rooms.
There is something so sweet and innocent about a room that eager soon-to-be parents spend so much time focusing on to make sure it's perfect for their newest family member. So much love, joy, & attention go into creating an atmosphere for learning & growing for a child you haven't even met yet.
So sweet!

I I really like the crisp feel of the white dresser with the bright yellow changing pad. Also, notice the cute yellow bucket filled with items you need while changing. Smart!

I love the black & white - timeless!

One thing I adore is a dresser used as a changing table. To me - it doesn't get any more practical than that. You take a dresser that the child can use for a very long time and add a changing table and it becomes the most practical piece of furniture in the room. Then when you don't need the changing pad anymore you remove it only to add other things that work better. I would think too, that as the child learns to walk & is getting into everything having a changing pad
& a few changing items would be less of a distraction from any chords or anything heavy they could pull down that could be potentially harmful. I think it's important to have a changing area for babies because it seems like it would help with structure. You go to the same place each time to have your diaper or your clothes changed. I could be crazy, but it sounds good to me :)

Another favorite of mine - bookcases in your child's room. Reading should always be an important part of your routine, so why not show it off in a really cute way? It can also be used to hold baskets with necessary items, toys, and many other things. Again, another piece you can keep for a long time and personalize as your child gets older.

A great place to store blankets, toys, baskets, books - gotta love a good bookcase!

No comments:

Post a Comment